Oktoberfest 2017 is starting today. It’s in its 7th year and is a free festival located in Bethlehem, PA. It runs this weekend as well as next weekend. Read more about it below and on the SteelStacks web site at http://www.steelstacks.org/festivals/oktoberfest/
October 6–8 & 13-15
Now in its 7th year, Oktoberfest is a free festival that features brew samples, authentic German food, beer and live music, as well as attractions like the axe-wielding lumberjacks of the Great Lakes Timber Show, the exciting Beer-Lympics competition, the Hobby Horse Bonanza, the popular dachshund races, local artisans and more.
Biergartens feature beers by D.G. Yuengling & Son, Sam Adams Brewery, Weyerbacher Brewing Company and the Banko Tour of Europe. Each biergarten features its own unique theme and entertainment, with guests greeted by fun games like bean bags and masskrugstemmen.
- Yuengling Biergarten
- Yuengling Town Square Biergarten
- Weyerbacher & Samuel Adams Biergarten
- Banko Tour of Europe Biergarten
The place to gather for all the action is the Oktoberfest Arena, featuring bleacher seating and packed with fun family shows and entertaining attractions including the Great Lakes Timber Show, the Hasselhoff-Off and more.
Musikfest Cafe presented by Yuengling
Sample a diverse array of beers crafted by Pennsylvania’s award-winning breweries!
Shop for unique gifts, German-themed merchandise and collectibles, and watch live glassblowing demonstrations as ArtsQuest glass studio artists create wonderful works of art.
Treat the kids to an afternoon of crafts, Imagination Blocks and more!
It’s fun and games galore as we host barrel rolling competitions, beer stein races and more.
Daily activities include:
- Spielplatz Games at the Levitt Pavilion including Barrel Rolling / Stein Races / Masskrugstemmen and more…
- Rides & games including Horseshoes / Quoits / Water Pong and more…
- Children’s activities
- Glassblowing by the Banana Factory’s Hot Glass team
- Künstler Markt artisans’ area
The annual running of the wiener dogs is back in this fun, spectacle-to-end-all-spectacles. Watch in awe as we release the dachshunds! Registration fee is $15.
- Sunday, October 8, 2017 @ 3:00 PM
- Saturday, October 14, 2017 @ 4:30 PM
- Sunday, October 15, 2017 @ 3:00 PM